- All staff CVs and Certificates
a. Requirements for Tutors
Tutors delivering the qualification will be required to hold or be working towards a teaching qualification. This may include qualifications such as Levels 3, 4, or 5 in Education and Training, or a Certificate in Education.
Focus Awards will consider other teaching qualifications upon submission. Tutors must also be able to demonstrate that they are occupationally competent within the sector area.
b. Requirements for Assessors
Assessors will be required to hold or be working towards a relevant assessing qualification. This includes qualifications such as:
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
Focus Awards will, however; consider other relevant assessing qualifications upon submission.
Assessors who only hold the Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Processes of Assessment will be required to complete an additional programme of study to achieve the relevant competency units required for one of the qualifications listed above.
Trainee assessors who do not hold an assessment qualification will require their decisions to be countersigned by a suitably qualified assessor.
Assessors must also be able to show they are occupationally competent within the sector area.
c. Requirements for Internal Quality Assurers (IQA)
Internal Quality Assurers should hold or be working towards an IQA qualification. This may include qualifications such as the V1 (previously D34), or the Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
Focus Awards will consider other relevant IQA qualifications upon submission. Trainee IQAs who do not hold an IQA qualification will require their decisions to be countersigned by a suitably qualified IQA. IQAs must be able to demonstrate occupational competence.
All relevant certificates and CVs must be sent to us before approval.
- Focus Awards policy requirements
a. Equality and Diversity
b. Malpractice and Maladministration
c. Learner Appeals
e. Staff Induction and CPD
f. Learner registration and certification – including details of how you confirm the identity of learners
g. Learner Induction
h. Conflict of interest
i. Internal Quality Assurance
j. Any third-party agreements (if applicable)
k. Data protection-Security and Confidentiality
- Timeframe for Approvals
Centre approval must be applied for before the end date or the centre will not qualify for free approval. Our timeframe for centre approvals is 7 working days, all centres must be approved before the end of the 7th working day from the day, they submit their application.
- All required documentation must be provided before the end of the 7 days.
- Focus Awards reserve the right to end this offer at any time.
- If approval is denied due to insufficient documentation or detail the offer will not be extended.
- Should relevant documentation not be received by the centre during the stipulated time frame the offer will not be extended.
Qualifications accepted in this offer
- Focus Awards Level 1 Certificate in an Introduction to the Hair and Beauty Sector (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 2 Award In Nail Art (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 2 Award in the Art of Dressing Hair and Photographic Make-up (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Providing Manicure Treatments and Make-up Application (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in the Application of Cosmetic Make-up (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 2 Diploma in Providing Men’s Hair Services (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 3 Award in Applying Airbrush Make-up (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 3 Award in Intimate Waxing for Female Clients (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 3 Award in Intimate Waxing for Male Clients (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 3 Award in Liquid and Powder Nail Enhancements (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 3 Award in Providing Indian Head Massage (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 3 Award in Self-Tanning Treatments (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 3 Award in UV Gel Nail Enhancements (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 3 Certificate in Designing Body and Face Art (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 3 Certificate in Providing Facial Electrotherapy Treatments (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 4 Certificate in Aesthetic Practice Core Knowledge and Advanced Skin Science (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 4 Diploma in Managing a Salon Business (RQF)