Focus Awards Level 3 Diploma Practitioner in Personal Training (RQF)
(QRN – 603/5233/4)
Qualification OverviewThe aim of the Focus Awards Level 3 Diploma Practitioner in Personal Training (RQF) is to provide learners with essential skills and the knowledge required to plan exercise programmes for groups and individuals in both a gym-based environment and as a Personal Trainer. Learners will also gain the understanding of Business Development and technology to assist to Personal Training.
Qualification StructureTo successfully achieve the Focus Awards Level 3 Diploma Practitioner in Personal Training (RQF) learners must complete all mandatory units achieving a total of 51 credits.
Learner Entry RequirementsThere are no specific entry requirements for this qualification.
Progression RoutesLearners wishing to progress from this qualification can undertake the following qualifications:
- Focus Awards Level 4 Certificate In Nutrition For Weight Management And Athletic Performance (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 3 Award In Developing Exercise Sessions For Older Adults (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 3 Award In Delivering Online Personal Training (RQF)
- Level 4 HNC Diploma in Sport
- Focus Awards Level 4 Certificate In Developing Physical Activity And Weight Management Strategies For Obese Clients (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 4 Certificate In Developing Physical Activity And Weight Management Strategies For Diabetic Clients (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 4 Certificate In Exercise For Managing Lower Back Pain (RQF)
- Level 5 HND Diploma in Sport and Exercise Sciences
Age RangesEntry is at the discretion of the centre; however, learners should be at least 16 years of age to undertake this qualification. Learners under 18 may need to be supervised in the workplace upon successful completion.
Geographical CoverageThis qualification is available in England.
Qualification SpecificationTo view the Qualification Specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||GLH||Credits|
|Anatomy physiology and kinesiology for exercise and health||K/617/8594||3||43||6|
|Applying nutritional principles to personal training||M/617/8595||3||40||6|
|Planning exercise Programme design for Personal Training Clients||T/617/8596||3||47||7|
|Delivering exercise programmes for Personal Training sessions||A/617/8597||3||58||9|
|Business acumen and the use of information technology for a personal trainer||F/617/8598||3||35||5|
|Principles of health and wellbeing for exercise, fitness and health||Y/617/8588||2||28||4|
|Know how to support clients lifestyle management and enhance client motivation for exercise and physical activity||R/617/8590||2||13||2|
|Principles of professional practice and health and safety in a fitness environment||Y/617/8591||2||16||2|
|Planning professional practice with effective consultations and assessments for gym-based exercise sessions||D/617/8592||2||23||4|
|Instructing professional practice and effective exercise supervision in gym-based exercise sessions||H/617/8593||2||37||6|
Please login to your Qualitas account to place an order.
Sports, Leisure and Recreation