Focus Awards Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Weight Management and Athletic Performance (RQF)
(QRN – 603/5682/0)
Qualification OverviewThe Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Weight Management and Athletic Performance qualification will provide the learner with the skills, knowledge, and competence to provide nutritional support to clients with a range of weight management and athletic performance goals. The qualification can be completed with no prior anatomical, physiological, or nutritional background as the learner will journey through the fundamentals of human anatomy and physiology, and how the food we eat and supplements we take, impact on these basic systems. Once achieved, this elementary content is expanded upon and applied in a practical environment to ensure the learner can competently:
- Obtain client data to perform a nutritional analysis of their client’s current eating regime.
- Analyse collated data and summarise to a client their current nutritional status and areas where support can be applied.
- Develop nutritional strategies for achieving specific weight management and/or athletic performance goals.
- Design appropriate eating plans for clients who are apparently healthy, taking into account a myriad of possible considerations.
Qualification StructureLearners must achieve 3 mandatory units totalling 17 credits. A minimum of 22 credits must be achieved from the remaining optional units to create a total credit value for this qualification of 39 credits.
Learner Entry RequirementsThere are no specific entry requirements for this qualification. It is recommended that learners have subject knowledge at least at Level 2 but this is not essential.
Progression RoutesLearners wishing to progress from this qualification can undertake the following qualifications:
- Focus Awards Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Weight Management and Athletic Performance (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 2 Award for British Weight Lifting Technical Officials (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 4 Certificate in Developing Physical Activity and Weight Management Strategies for Diabetic Clients (RQF)
Age RangesEntry is at the discretion of the centre; however, learners should be at least 16 of age to undertake this qualification.
Geographical CoverageThis qualification is available in England.
Qualification SpecificationTo view the specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||GLH||Credits|
|Systems of the human body||D/618/0536||4||16||6|
|Human metabolism, the energy balance, and the currency of calories||H/618/0537||4||10||4|
|Applied nutrition for health||K/618/0538||4||12||5|
|Fuelling for athletic performance||M/618/0539||4||12||5|
|Common diets, food labelling, and the effects of marketing||H/618/0540||4||12||5|
|Understanding supplemental aids and strategising nutritional goals for clients||K/618/0541||4||20||8|
Please login to your Qualitas account to place an order.
Sports, Leisure and Recreation