Focus Awards Level 3 Certificate in Sports Development (RQF)
(QRN – 601/6256/9)
Qualification OverviewThe Focus Awards Level 3 Certificate in Sports Development (RQF) aims to recognise competence within the workplace for learners in a sports development role within the active leisure sector. This qualification is aimed at:
- Learners aged 16+ who have the opportunity to pursue a career in the active leisure industry as a sports development officer.
- Activity leaders who would like a qualification to help them progress to the next level as a sports development officer (learners must be given sufficient responsibilities in order to generate the necessary evidence for their chosen units).
- Current sports development officers that would like a nationally recognised qualification to formalise their experience and skills within their current role.
- Active leisure facilities (leisure centre, local councils etc.) that require their existing sports development staff to hold a nationally recognised qualification to improve their overall management of staff, improve links in the community, and general customer service across their establishment(s).
Qualification StructureIn order to achieve this qualification, the learner must achieve all 40 credits from the 5 mandatory units, plus a minimum of 4 optional units, at least 1 unit of which must come from Option Group 1, at least 2 units of which must come from Option Group 2, and the remaining 1 unit can come from Option Group 1 or Option Group 2. Totalling 64 Credits
Learner Entry RequirementsThere are no specific entry requirements for this qualification.
Qualification Progression RoutesLearners wishing to progress from this qualification can undertake the following qualifications:
- Focus Awards Level 3 Certificate in Leisure Management (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Leisure Management (RQF)
Age RangesEntry is at the discretion of the centre; however, learners should be a minimum of 16 years old to undertake this qualification. Learners aged 16 – 18 years may need to be supervised during training and on completion of this qualification.
Geographical CoverageThis qualification has been accredited for use in England and Northern Ireland.
Qualification SpecificationTo view the Qualification Specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||Credit||GLH|
|Assessing Risk in Sport||R/502/5617||3||10||60|
|Current Issues in Sport||H/502/5721||3||10||60|
|Physical Education and the Care of Children and Young People||R/502/5777||3||10||60|
|Organising Sports Events||F/502/5774||3||10||60|
|Rules, Regulations and Officiating in Sport||K/502/5767||3||10||60|
|Sports Legacy Development||H/600/0022||3||10||60|
|Talent Identification and Development in Sport||L/502/5759||3||10||60|
|Leadership in Sport||K/502/5722||3||10||60|
|Sport as a Business||Y/502/5781||3||10||60|
Sports, Leisure and Recreation