Focus Awards Level 3 Certificate in Leisure Management (RQF)
(QRN – 601/5377/5)
Qualification OverviewThe Focus Awards Level 3 Certificate in Leisure Management (RQF) aims to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to work as a leisure manager within an active leisure environment. This qualification is aimed at:
- Learners aged 16+ who would like to pursue a career in the active leisure industry as a leisure manager.
- Supervisors / duty managers that would like a qualification to help them progress to the next level as a leisure manager.
- Current leisure managers that would like a nationally recognised qualification to formalise their experience and skills within their current role.
- Active leisure facilities (health club, leisure centre, hotel etc.) that require their existing supervisory/management staff to hold a nationally recognised qualification to improve their service delivery, overall management of staff, and the customer service within their establishment.
Qualification StructureThe learner must complete all 6 mandatory units achieving 16 credits, plus a minimum of 2 credits from any optional unit(s) totalling 18 credits.
Learner Entry RequirementsThere are no specific entry requirements for this qualification but there is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading, and writing) involved so learners should have basic skills in communication at Level 2.
Progression RoutesOn achieving this qualification learners could look to progress onto Level 4 qualifications covering management and leadership skills. Learners could also look to move onto the following qualifications:
- Focus Awards Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Leisure Management (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 3 Certificate in Leisure Management (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning (RQF)
Age RangesEntry is at the discretion of the centre; however, learners should be a minimum of 16 years old to undertake this qualification.
Geographical CoverageThis qualification has been accredited for use in England and Northern Ireland.
Qualification SpecificationTo view the Qualification Specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||Credit||GLH|
|Understanding how to lead a team in active leisure||F/503/0778||3||3||17|
|Promoting customer care in active leisure||K/503/0774||3||3||18|
|Understanding how to manage health, safety and welfare in active leisure||A/503/0780||3||3||20|
|Understanding the Active Leisure and Learning Sector||F/600/1758||3||3||23|
|Understanding Employment Rights and Responsibilities||J/600/0840||2||2||15|
|Continuing professional development in active leisure||J/503/0782||3||2||6|
|Understanding financial procedures in active leisure||T/503/0776||3||3||20|
|Understanding how to deliver objectives through the work of an active leisure team||A/503/0777||3||2||10|
|Understanding how to supervise facility maintenance in active leisure||Y/503/0771||3||2||13|
|Marketing in active leisure||D/503/0772||3||6||30|
|Understanding how to sell services and products to customers in active leisure||L/503/0783||3||4||20|
|Operating swimming pool plant||F/503/0988||3||4||25|
Sports, Leisure and Recreation