Focus Awards Level 2 Award in the Principles of Coaching Sport (RQF)
(QRN – 601/5482/2)
Qualification OverviewThe Focus Awards Level 2 Award in the Principles of Coaching Sport (RQF) aims to provide learners with the necessary knowledge and skills in order to competently perform their chosen roles within a leisure facility. The qualification covers essential coaching knowledge that can be used across any sport and provides learners with the fundamental skills and principles required to safely deliver sports coaching sessions. This qualification is aimed at:
- Focus Awards Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Sports Development (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 3 Certificate in Sports Development (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning (RQF)
Qualification StructureLearners must complete 9 credits in total from 4 mandatory units.
Learner Entry RequirementsThere are no specific entry requirements for this qualification.
Progression RoutesLearners wishing to progress from this qualification can undertake the following qualifications:
- Level 2 and Level 3 Qualifications in Sports Coaching
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
- Level 2 NVQ in Instructing Exercise and Fitness
- Level 3 Certificate for the Outdoor Industry
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Active Leisure, Learning and Well-being Operational Services
Age RangesEntry is at the discretion of the centre. Learners aged between 14 –18 may need to be supervised during training and on completion of this qualification.
Geographical CoverageThis qualification has been accredited for use in England and Northern Ireland.
Qualification SpecificationTo view the Qualification Specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||Credit||GLH|
|Understanding the fundamentals of coaching sport||J/601/2101||2||3||22|
|Understanding how to develop participants through coaching sport||Y/601/2104||2||2||12|
|Supporting participants’ Lifestyle through coaching sport||H/601/2106||2||2||16|
|Understanding the principles of safe and equitable coaching practice||M/601/2108||2||2||13|
Sports, Leisure and Recreation