Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Planning and Delivering Gym-Based Exercise (RQF)
QRN – 603/5231/0 Fee £49
Qualification OverviewThe aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the skills and knowledge to a professionally competent level enabling them to plan, deliver, and evaluate safe and effective fitness instruction sessions unsupervised via the context of gym-based exercise.
- To develop learner’s knowledge of anatomy and physiology and how it relates to exercise and fitness
- To develop learner’s ability to plan and deliver safe and effective gym sessions
- To provide learners with the knowledge to develop good customer service and the personal qualities required by the exercise and fitness industry
- To provide learners with an awareness of health and safety in an exercise and fitness environment
- To provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further qualifications in the exercise and fitness industry
Qualification StructureLearners must complete all 6 mandatory units to achieve a total of 24 credits.
Learner Entry Requirements
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved so learners should have basic skills in communication.
Progression RoutesLearners wishing to progress from this qualification can undertake the following qualifications:
- Focus Awards Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebell Exercises (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 2 Award in Delivering Circuit Sessions (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport (RQF)
Age RangesEntry is at the discretion of the centre; however, learners should be a minimum of 16 years to undertake this qualification. Please note that learners under 18 years may need to be supervised in the workplace once they have achieved the qualification.
Geographical CoverageThis qualification is available in England.
Qualification SpecificationTo view the Qualification Specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||GLH||Credits|
|Principles of health and wellbeing for exercise, fitness and health||Y/617/8588||2||28||4|
|Anatomy physiology and kinesiology for exercise and health||D/617/8589||2||41||6|
|Know how to support clients lifestyle management and enhance client motivation for exercise and physical activity||R/617/8590||2||13||2|
|Principles of professional practice and health and safety in a fitness environment||Y/617/8591||2||16||2|
|Planning professional practice with effective consultations and assessments for gym-based exercise sessions||D/617/8592||2||23||4|
|Instructing professional practice and effective exercise supervision in gym-based exercise sessions||H/617/8593||2||37||6|
Please login to your Qualitas account to place an order.
Sports, Leisure and Recreation