Focus Awards Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training (RQF)
(QRN – 601/4888/3)
Qualification OverviewThe Focus Awards Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training (RQF) is a competency based qualification for personal trainers. The qualification is aimed at exercise instructors who are capable of planning, delivering, and evaluating physical activity programmes independently and without direct supervision. The Focus Awards Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training (RQF) is at Level 3 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework. It also provides access onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 3.
Qualification StructureIn order to achieve this qualification, learners must complete the following 9 mandatory units. If the learner wishes to, then they can also complete the additional optional unit.
- Principles of exercise, fitness, and health
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Promote health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation
- Reflect on and develop own practice in providing exercise and physical activity
- Design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme with clients
- Motivate clients to maintain long term adherence to exercise and physical activity
- Deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a personal training programme
- Evaluate exercise and physical activity programmes
- Apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
Learner Entry Requirements
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- The qualification requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading, and writing) involved so learners should have basic skills in communication at Level 2.
Progression RoutesLearners wishing to progress from this qualification can undertake the following qualifications or any qualification at Level 3 within the sector:
- Focus Awards Level 3 Award in Delivering Online Personal Training (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 3 Certificate in Planning and Delivering Personal Training (RQF)
- Focus Awards Level 4 Diploma Master Practitioner in Personal Training (RQF)
Age RangesEntry is at the discretion of the centre; however, learners should be a minimum of 16 years old to undertake this qualification. Please note that under 18 year-olds may need to be supervised in the workplace, once they have achieved the qualification.
Geographical CoverageThis qualification has been accredited for use in England and Northern Ireland.
Qualification SpecificationTo view the Qualification Specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||GLH||Credit|
|Principles of exercise, fitness and health||A/600/9017||2||28||4|
|Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health||A/600/9051||3||43||6|
|Promote health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation||D/601/4484||2||30||4|
|Reflect on and develop own practice in providing exercise and physical activity||F/601/7362||2||23||4|
|Design, manage and adapt a personal training programme with clients||H/601/7760||3||30||6|
|Motivate clients to maintain long term adherence to exercise and physical activity||K/601/7758||3||15||4|
|Deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a personal training programme||K/601/7761||3||70||10|
|Evaluate exercise and physical activity programmes||M/601/7759||3||14||3|
|Apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme||M/601/7762||3||42||7|
|Plan, market and sell services||T/601/7763||3||26||5|
Sports, Leisure and Recreation